BIOTECHNICAL EDUCATIONAL CENTRE LJUBLJANA
Today, the Biotechnical Educational Centre Ljubljana represents one of the ten biggest educational centres in Slovenia.
Its nine secondary school and two further education programmes enable secondary and further education students as well as adult learners to gain not only general but also professional knowledge and competencies in the fields of veterinary practice, food technology and nutrition, biotechnology, nature protection, hospitality and tourism.
THERE ARE FOUR UNITS WITHIN THE SCHOOL CENTRE:
General Upper Secondary School and Veterinary Technician School, School of Food Processing, Vocational College, and Inter-Company Training Centre. The school centre provides in-company training for professional workers in companies, food and catering establishments. It also runs confectionary, bakery, cookery, veterinary and computer courses, as well as culinary workshops for children. The quality of education and performance is our main mission, which is why we provide our students and adult learners with the best educational conditions to achieve high-quality learning outcomes.
BIC Ljubljana has also been actively involved in international mobility programme. We have established a career centre that helps our students take the next step to further education or employment. We encourage our employees and provide them with continuing professional development and excellent working conditions. Special attention has been devoted to employees’ job satisfaction, and the centre has been awarded Family Friendly Enterprise Certificate. BIC Ljubljana actively participates in the local and wider community through numerous activities and various projects.
MOORE THAN SCHOOL
- The centre’s shop KRUHarije in CUKRnije offers confectionery and bakery products made in the centre’s own bakery.
- Since 2014, the Biotechnical Educational Centre Ljubljana has been running the Primula teashop located in the botanical garden.
- In 2015, we opened the first school veterinary clinic in Slovenia.
- Since November 2014, the school centre has been a part of the project Učilna okusov, the business premises located at the Ljubljana’s central Market that offers local produce and dishes typical of a particular region of the Slovenian countryside.
- In October 2015, BIC Ljubljana also opened the Culinary and Tourism Centre KULT316, which represents a unique and representative example of modern educational practice in hospitality, tourism, food technology and nutrition. The new premises enable further education and high school students to gain practical experience in a real-life learning environment, as the centre is open to the public. The Culinary and Tourism Centre KULT316 boasts a demonstration kitchen, a learning kitchen, a learning hotel room, a conference room, a wine cellar, an information point, a restaurant and a café.
- The first school microbrewery has been operating on our premises since 2016.
- The first school tourist agency has been operating on our premises since 2017.
- In 2019, we launched kulinaricna-dozivetja.eu, our new brand and website with recipes, blogs on culinary heritage and interesting facts about various regions from Pannonia to the Adriatic Sea.
- In 2020, we opened EcoHouse BIC Ljubljana, a wooden and almost zero energy school building for students in the nature conservation technician programme.
I-STRATEGIES | Deep Innovation and Social Responsibility
i‐strategies SCARL is a start‐up company (SME) based in Central Italy (Marche Region), created in 2018. More specifically istrategies is a creative agency specialized in Heritage Marketing, Storytelling and Creative Tourism for companies and tourist destinations.
Leveraging on research, storytelling and heritage marketing skills, i‐strategies is able to generate belonging, high emotional intensity bonds, socialization of experiences and awareness of ethical business practices. In a word: it offers a long term horizon of meaning to companies and territories.
MEDITERRANEO CULINARY CENTER
Mediterráneo Culinary Center is a VET school specialised in Cooking, Gastronomy, Dietetics and Nutrition, with more than 20 years of experience and a clear international vocation, recognised by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Valencian Community.
The main activities undertaken in the centre are the training of students, experts and companies in the Hospitality, Gastronomic and Nutrition sector. The centre offers a wide range of educational programmes and official qualifications (from EQF level 3 to level 5, and EQF level 7) concerning Intermediate and Higher Education Vocational Training in dietetics, hotel management and gastronomy such as catering and pastry, and also master’s degrees and postgraduate courses. MCC also issues diplomas, monographs and certificates of professionalism.
AMICO DEL VINO
Amico del vino is a company engaged in the import, sales and promotion of Italian wines in the Netherlands. With our company we focus on a number of areas.
Storytelling and online wine tasting.
We provide online wine tastings and wine tasting on location. Tastings are given to private customers and companies. In our tastings we share our knowledge about wine, an Italian wine company. Storytelling is an important part of our organization, in which we always involve wine companies from Italy. Wine tastings are always interactive to give customers the ultimate wine experience. In addition to the online wine tastings, we also make digital wine descriptions. In the digital descriptions we provide digital explanations to our customers about the wines they have bought by means of a video.
Sales of Italian wines and delicacies. We sell our wines to private customers, but also to horeca and retail. The wines are selected with care. In our selection of wines we are always looking for surprising wines with a story. In addition, we find it important that the wines are made from authentic Italian grape varieties. And also made in an organic way.
We also sell Italian gift packages, wine packages and Italian delicacies online.
We like to transfer the Italian feeling to the Netherlands and see ourselves as Italian wine ambassadors in the Netherlands.
Intercollege is one of the leading private colleges in Cyprus, which has been offering a wide range of VET study programmes (Higher Education/VET) to students since its inception in 1989. Intercollege offers accredited programmes in Culinary Arts & Management, Aesthetics, Automotive Engineering, Marine Engineering and Nautical Sicence leading to Diplomas, Higher Diplomas and Bachelors degrees.
Intercollege’s study programmes follow the highest European standards for quality assurance in VET by combining high level academic education with practical experience through specialized laboratory work and work based learning.
Intercollege has developed an extensive network of European partners through its leadership and involvement in innovative European projects. The College’s academic and administrative staff has extensive experience in project management, research as well as in developing and implementing educational/training programmes through European funded programmes such as Erasmus+ etc.
CIÙ CIÙ TENIMENTI BARTOLOMEI
Ciù Ciù Tenimenti Bartolomei (associate partner). With more than fifty years of activity in the wine sector, Ciù Ciù Tenimenti Bartolomei was born with the ambition to best enhance the identity of some significant Italian terroirs.
A wine heritage that finds its natural location in historic homes and places full of charm such as Feudo Luparello, which extends between the baroque Noto and the port of Marzamemi, in Sicily; Villa Barcaroli in Controguerra, in Abruzzo, with its profiles of a typical 17th century rural residence; Rocca Sinibalda, in eastern Sabina, Lazio, seat of the millenary Castle of the metamorphoses; and, last but not least, Palazzo Mercolini-Tinelli, a small jewel set in the splendid Offida, in the heart of the Marche region.
A sensitivity to cultural heritage that has always been associated with the strategic choice of eco-sustainability, thanks to over 300 hectares of organic and biodynamic crops that allow the Group to boast several certified quality wines appreciated all over the world.
In a combination of characters and peculiarities that make Ciù Ciù Tenimenti Bartolomei a unique synthesis of excellence, culture and attention to the environment.
BLENDED TRAINING SERVICES
Founded in 2003, Blended Training Services is focused on people’s individual development. We support people to raise their potential and transfer their skills to practice, to reduce their effort, increase their results and align their strategy with the business.
Our Mission is to work with the organizations’ business units in the development of their teams, producing lasting results that support the challenging times that we live in today and in the future, in any part of the globe.
We aim to find the best solution suited to our client’s culture, people and challenges.
In our Vision, we see and work on training as an element in permanent change, that can be delivered using the most varied technologies face to face, digitally and both, adapting it to all generations.
Our action is focused on transferring learning to practice and achieving measurable business results that provide our clients with a return on their expectations and on their investment.
We organize ourselves into 3 pillars of organizational development, from which our specific services:
- Strengthening of behavioral/ human skills – The Power Skills.
- Support for Digital Strategies – Elearning and Virtual Learning.
- Development of Corporate Academies – from Learning Experience design to training delivery and platforms support.
EFCoCert stays for European Foundation for Competence Certification, with the following profile:
- Swiss non-profit Foundation, established 2014
- Dedicated to set & operate competence certification schemes in accordance with ISO 17024 rules
- Innovating by using informal open recognition as basis for formal certification
- Developing EU competence certification schemes funded within Erasmus+ projects
Develop and manage competence certification schemes for non-regulated professions in Europe to provide recognition and validation of non-formal and informal learning, enhancing the employability and mobility.
Provide innovative solutions within competence certification for recognizing technical and soft skills though an informal open badge recognition ecosystem leading to revolve the classical certification approach and reduce costs by universal accessibility.